Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Health Problems.

I am writing to ask for your prayers.



Over the last few weeks, my health has been slowly deteriorating. I have had Iron Deficiency Anemia for as long as I can remember, but it hasn't affected my daily life until just recently. 


What Iron Deficiency Anemia means is that basically I just lack the amount of iron my body needs for function properly. It didn't seem like a serious problem and I had kind of forgotten about it until I got my blood tested for Malaria in March. A doctor friend here in South Africa called me with the results of my blood test and told me that I was lacking a subsequent amount of iron and that I should consider iron supplements.


 It wasn't until I got back from Hungary that I started to see the change in my body. I began to feel incredibly weak and I lacked energy to do anything. I was fatigued and my body just didn't feel right. I began to look into Iron Deficiency Anemia more online and found that it could turn into a more serious health issue if I didn't take care of my body now. It is flaring up now due to the lack of iron in my diet. I assume it never effected me before because of my healthier diet.


I have begun to make as many dietary changes as possible in the circumstances I am in, and iron supplements are on my list to buy. But I am finding it to be a big challenge to eat properly as buying my own food is not in the support budget.


I am also getting discouraged! My body isn't responding yet to the dietary changes I have made and I am just so frustrated with feeling so weak and tired all the time. I know it will take time but it is really discouraging. 


Today is a bad day, and I guess that's what triggered me to ask for your prayers. Being in this state physically is draining, and it is having a direct affect on my ministry.


God has been growing me so much while I have been here, and I believe this is another trial in the process of me being shaped into the image of His son. I truly covet your prayers during this time! 

5 comments:

  1. Nikki I totally understand how debilitating health/body problems are!! I gotcha girl and my prayers are with you :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praying for you Nicole. We know that the Lord will support you in all of your needs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Praying for you dear as you get help and may Abba cover you every day as you recover.

    ReplyDelete