Friday, October 14, 2011

Jehovah Jireh

God our provider.

What an encouraging thought. The same God who created the world we live in, who formed us and knew us before time, who offered His son as a living sacrifice, provides all we need!

This fact has been made known in my life recently as I am trying to raise the support I need for Africa. I sent out my support letters and my home church is supporting me, but it has been through my job and random people that God has shown himself lately.

As a waitress I work on commission. If I serve well, I am tipped well. Kind of an unsettling feeling sometimes. The other day I was working and it was extremely slow. Not many people were coming in which meant as waitresses we weren't going to be making much money. At the end of the night, most of the servers had made $25-30, some of them for a whole day's work.

I had made almost $100.

I told my dad this story and said I didn't understand why I had made so much compared to everyone else. He simply spoke this wisdom, " God is blessing you in your job to provide for the plan He has for you" WOW. Why hadn't I thought of that? Why didn't it hit me that God WAS answering my prayers?

Overwhelmed by God's grace, I praise Him for providing even when, in my weakness, I doubt Him.

Short and sweet. I just wanted to share with you how my Savior's faithfulness is being made known in my life in regards to this journey to South Africa!

Praise the Lord, may His will be done!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing this story. Your Dad was right!
    I'm so glad that you can live in a family where the parents walk with Him!
    I love and miss you!

    ReplyDelete